Ronda Zelezny-Green is a mobile technologist, language educator, teacher trainer, consultant, researcher and learner who has lived and taught on four continents and visited more than 40 countries. She is a PhD student in Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) at Royal Holloway, University of London, the UNESCO Chair in ICT for Development. She is an expert in gender, learning and mobiles, and advocates participatory and sustainable approaches to the use of mobiles for educational purposes.
Ronda has completed a Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics with a foreign language pedagogy concentration, a graduate certificate in Instructional Design with a focus on mobile learning as well as a Master of Science in Practising Sustainable Development with ICT4D specialism. During her studies, she has specialized in the use of technology for educational and development purposes, with a focus on mobile learning.
Ronda has published and presented on topics related to mobiles for development (M4D), most recently an article in Gender & Development on the links between girls, mobile learning and school attendance in Kenya. A free copy of this article can be accessed here. Previous M4D reports authored by Ms Zelezny-Green have received media recognition from the GSMA, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, and infoDev (World Bank). At present she works as a Knowledge Manager on the Connected Living Programme at the GSMA. Ronda enjoys reading, traveling and volunteering.
From Jubilation to Condemnation: How School Community Citizens and Netizens Shape the OLPC Initiative in Kenya through their Representation in the Media
3rd December 2013, 2:00pm at University of Cape Town
PhD Showcase 2014
28th October 2014, 2:00pm at Royal Holloway, University of London
Speed Discussing & Gulping (SDGs): ICT4Drinks Edition
29th September 2015, 6:30pm at London Wall Bar and Kitchen
Phones & Foam ICT4D Meetup Movie Night: The Mobile Revolution
31st May 2016, 6:30pm at Floor 2, The Walbrook Building
- @KuiKihoro yes and totally on it once I get some space under my belt with the PhD revisions. Been battling hurricane! — 1 week 2 days ago
- RT @raymondjune: Three Opportunities for Digital Development in Myanmar by @ronda_zg @panoply_digital [via @mseangallagher] #ICT4D https://t.co/dV5CTemZCa — 2 weeks 3 days ago
- #Family, #Tourism, & (local) #Content: 3 Opportunities for Digital Development in #Myanmar https://t.co/OEVRJIOTDh #m4d #ict4d — 2 weeks 5 days ago
- #Family, #Tourism, & (local) #Content: 3 Opportunities for Digital Development in #Myanmar https://t.co/OEVRJIxieH #m4d #ict4d — 2 weeks 5 days ago
- #Family, #Tourism, & (local) #Content: 3 Opportunities for Digital Development in #Myanmar https://t.co/OEVRJIOTDh #m4d #ict4d — 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Three cheers for @Ignatia on submitting her PhD!!! You Go GIRL!!! — 2 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 10
- next ›