A joint PDS/ICT4D event co-hosted by Dr Dorothea Kleine (RHUL) and Prof Sabine Troeger (Bonn University) event – please reserve your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed input speakers so far are:
- Sabine Troeger, Bonn University, on participation & power
- Felicity Butler, RHUL, on participatory methods and accountability requirements – case study: work with the Body Shop in Nicaragua
- Jay Mistry, RHUL, on participatory practice and challenges in the Cobra project which included participatory video in partnership with indigenous communities in the Amazon
- Naomi Shoba, Ovalhouse Theatre, on the role of participation and emotion in participatory theatre practice with disadvantaged young people in London
- Dorothea Kleine, on the facilitator vs expert tension in participatory research – case study: www.youthandfoodfutures.org project
We expect to run a day of short input presentations, discussion in plenary and small group conversations around participation-related topics we define ourselves in participatory processes.