Since graduating from Royal Holloway Thelonius has accumulated experience as a Data Analyst and Researcher. As a contractor at GSMA in London, he supported the “Mobile Money for the Unbanked” team by working with the Market Intelligence Manager to produce data for the 2012 Global Mobile Money Adoption Survey report. More recently, he’s worked as a Research Assistant at Internews’ Center of Innovation and Learning in Washington DC. There he supported their “Why Information Matters” project by reviewing local, national and international policy and planning literature on disaster preparedness and resilience and composed literature reviews and case studies on information ecosystems.
Currently, in addition to performing independent research, Thelonius is pursuing his interest in sustainable agriculture and is in the process of regenerating his family’s 7.5 acres of soil on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, making the transition to organic. He is also continuing to expand his learning and expected to complete a Beginning Farmer Training Program in November 2015. His goal is to continue to accumulate knowledge and expertise in sustainable agriculture and eventually return to East Africa to share and work with local farmers to help them build resilience and adaptive capacity to climate change and other challenges.
Along the way, Thelonius hopes his diverse skills and experiences will also be useful in continuing to support other sectors of sustainable development and ICT4D, including education, health and financial inclusion, in order to help improve the lives of the poor, disadvantaged and other often excluded groups.
- Local language and local content should be king @GSMA @UNICEFinnovate #DigitalInclusion #ICT4D #Indigenousknowledge #mobileconnectivityindex — 1 week 4 days ago
- Defining access as kilobytes/day raises concerns of Western linguistic and cultural hegemony @GSMA @UNICEFinnovate #digitalinclusion #ICT4D — 1 week 4 days ago
- @GSMA While the #MobileConnectivityIndex is insightful for #digitalinclusion , defining lack of connectivity as poverty is concerning #ict4d — 1 week 4 days ago
- RT @nodejs: 📻 How should you approach security when using Node.js? This podcast has a few pieces of advice, what's yours? https://t.co/cMcXiAqQOq — 1 week 4 days ago
- Live Broadcast from the D.C. Women's March https://t.co/Wo3nk9aROs #WomensMarch #WomensMarchOnWashington — 1 week 6 days ago
- #Tanzania in 2 weeks to assist @tanzaniadairy in information management to enhance dairy dev! @CatholicRelief @farmertofarmer #F2F #ICT4D — 2 weeks 2 days ago
- 1 of 2
- next ›